Monday, January 11, 2010

Ernst Fuchs meets Amy LaVere

Born on February 13, 1930, in Vienna, Ernst Fuchs is the best-known representative of the Viennese school of 'Phantastic realism'. He is admired for his recognizable, vibrant color paintings, watercolors, pastels, etchings, and masterful graphic works.
Viewing Fuchs' creations evoke
images generated by peering into
a psychic geode during a strange dream.

This photo reminds me of one of Dylan's great
albums:
I first heard Amy's superb music in the
movie Heartbreak Kid, the song was
Take 'em Or Leave 'em

Amy's lyrics show an amusing and
ironic texture: from Overcome

"Can't change the world from this chair on my space
Spider tag walls with their names in this place"


The song reminds me of Gordon Lightfoot's Cobwebs and Dust
another insightful song that I've enjoyed for years

I feel justified in killing time, after all it's killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment